The Miele Triflex HX1 Press Launch with Studio Wayne McGregor
To launch its first ever cordless vacuum cleaner, Miele wanted to do something special. The Triflex HX1 needed to be celebrated with a unique and original concept that reflected its exceptional cleaning performance and the flexibility of its unique 3in1 design, which is not offered by any other competitive product. Sellers PR worked with Studio Wayne McGregor, the creative engine for multi award winning British choreographer and director Wayne McGregor CBE. Driven by an insatiable curiosity about movement and its creative potentials, we felt that this was the perfect partnership. Focusing on the key features of Triflex; FLEXIBLE, POWERFUL and FAST, Studio Wayne McGregor created a spectcularly refreshing and different artistic interpretation that was showcased esxclusively at an unforgettabe live event to key press and Miele retailers February 2020. The Miele Triflex was also unveiled simultaenously on Miele’s social media channels.
Over 20 press and 35 Miele partners were in attendance including The Telegraph, Evening Standard, The Sun, Forbes, WIRED, Expert Reviews, The Gadget Show, ERT, Trusted Reviews, PocketLink, Time Out, TechRadar, Which?, T3, Ideal Home, Real Homes, Homes & Gardens and Good Housekeeping.
“By far the best press launch I have been to for many years. I really thought the days of launches with that sort of scale and ambition had long gone. Stunning. Fabulous all round.” Richard Stevenson, Tech Radar
The event idea was conceived and delivered by Sellers PR with key responsibilities including:
- Working with the dance company to ensure the key features of Triflex - FLEXIBLE, POWERFUL and FAST were incorporated into the performance
- Managing the budget
- Site visits
- Arranging catering, film production, photography, lighting, signage and AV
- Regular updates to Miele
- Sourcing gift for event
- Inviting press and chasing with reasons on why they should attend
- Preparing all press communication
- Managing all RSVPs – Miele attendees and press
- Sending travel and hotel information to Miele attendees
- Organising travel for key press
- Preparing a comprehensive running order
- Attendance at event – daytime set up and evening
- Live reveal of the product at the event via social media
- Arranging post event review samples to key technology and lifestyle press
Following the event, key technology and lifestyle press coverage was secured with a range of media titles including The Independent, Evening Standard, Telegraph, WIRED, T3, Pocket-lint, Good Housekeeping, TechNuovo, Tech Adviser, Real Homes, Ideal Home, ERT, Enki, Expert Reviews, Which? and Hello! with an opportunity to see of 289,539,750.
The momentum around the launch on social media was continued by Sellers PR after the event with a targeted influencer campaign, which reached 1,653,812 potential customers and generated 16,350 link clicks direct to the Miele website.
Photo Credit Ravi Deepres for Company Wayne McGregor